From Carnola (mt. 751 asl) it is possible to reach the Pietra di Bismantova from the south, along ruts protected by trees and hedges which wind between the fields.
The inhabitants of Carnola, over the centuries, have carved a landscape typical of the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, thanks to an environment which provided excellent opportunities for agriculture. Field not too sloping, soil composition and high humidity have favored the development of forage crops, interspersed with deciduous woods and hedges. The country is in a very happy position, on a line of watershed, fully exposed to the south on a sunny hillside overlooking the valley of the Rio Dorgola, small tributary of the Secchia river.
Two kilometers below, in front of the northern slope of Mount Rosso, it is the township of Parisola. * The historical structure of the village has an undifferentiated trend, buildings protrude further guideline roads leading to fields. In 1404 he was among the “villas” dependent on the castle of Bondolo that were reconfirmed by the Estensi family to the Bismantova family. It is still present, and restored in 2013-14, the Oratory of the Guardian Angels, oriented to the west with a hut façade, boxed from simple corner pilasters, which replaced probably a church dedicated to St. Michael. **
* Reference: Castelnovo ne’ Monti by Walter Baricchi and Paolo Ielli
** Reference: Insediamenti storico e beni culturali appennino reggiano by Walter Baricchi