The village of Casale (mt 708) extends on the east side of the Pietra di Bismantova where farmlands are favorited of the gentle slopes of the terrain.
The original agricultural function was integrated over time and overcome by a strong residential settlement.
In this area it was found a incineration tomb whose burial is dated to the VI-V century. B.C.
In the estimate of Bismantova dated 1611 Casale was composed of 26 households with more than 27 houses and a shed.
The chapel present in the village is dedicated to Saints. Guardian Angels and has a simple structure with gabled facade.
* Reference: Insediamenti storico e beni culturali appennino reggiano by Walter Baricchi